Friday 24 September 2010

Pencil Cases and more.

My youngest Musketeer needed a new pencil case.
All the shops I tried didn´t have one in his favorite colour blue.
So I said I would make one myself and he agreed!
He chose this lovely fabric from my stash:

It may look blue in the pictures, but it is a gorgeous, rich, dark purple fabric with sweet owls, called "Eerie alley" by Robert Kaufman. For the lining I tried a laminated fabric from the Nicey Jane range by Heather Bailey. It is very easy to sew with. Just take care with pins, because they leave permanent holes.
For the inside of a pencil case, oilcloth is stronger and easier to clean than cotton.
Here´s the result:






My boy loves it.
At once middle Musketeer decided he absolutely needed one too.
He chose this fabric:


This is a lovely, bright fabric, from the Opal Owl collection by Tina Givens.
I will show you the result in one of my next blogposts.
You can find a very good tutorial for this kind of pen cases here. Just change the length and width to the size you want.

My firstborn Musketeer wanted new curtains for his bedroom and , he said, "it must be dark in my room". So they have to be double layered. I am working on it....
Last but not least: a new themed clutch for my shop is on its way. I will give you a sneak preview when it´s finished.
So, you see there is a lot of work in progress going on here.
Have a nice weekend.
Kristien

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...