Saturday 6 November 2010

My Cosmo Bag

I convinced myself I needed another bag.
In fact I did need one to keep my knitting work neat and tidy.
But to be honest , I only wanted to try one of the patterns of the new Amy Butler book.

This is a great book!:
Hardcover-spiral (important if you handle it a lot); high quality , thick paper; stylish design; beautiful pictures.
Clear written instructions and drawings, though sometimes a photo would tell more.
Therefore if you are new to bagmaking,  this is perhaps not the book to start with.
The pattern pieces fit perfectly together. Everything falls into place.
I tried the Cosmo Bag project.
Some pictures:

I used Marilyn - Blue from the Dolce collection by Tania Whelan as outer fabric; a striking matching linen for the lining; the handles and buttonloop are a lovely cotton from the Liberty Art range, made for the Victoria&Albert museum in London; limited collection.

I added purse feet to protect the bottom fabric.
I used a stronger interfacing (Vilene S320) for the bands and handles, to make them less floppy.

To give the bag body more volume I ironed a fusible fleece on top of the advised  interfacing.
I finished with a contrasting button; not the suggested covered button. For me, this one has more character.
I am really pleased with my bag.
What do you think of it?

3 comments:

  1. It looks fantastic! Love the fabric and I do agree - the contrasting button gives it a little more personality. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! I like how it sits w/the fusible fleece. Colors are beautiful! Like your idea of the button, too! Glad I found you..Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is great!
    I'll try to make the Cosmo bag this weekend, I hope it will be fine!
    Your blog is great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...