Tuesday 1 November 2011

A small toilet bag.

This is a short in between post.
I made a small toilet bag for my sister.
She asked for an orange fabric.
Now orange can be a very dangerous colour; it is easily overpowering.

I found a lovely fabric , called Bekah from Kaffe Fassett. The orange is softened by the other colours.

Instead of the usual straight top I went for a more curved one .
I personalised the little bag by adding an embroidered monogram.
Here you can see my Bernina machine in action:

As a finishing touch, I added this beautiful zipper pull:
For the lining I used a daisies and dots screen print by piece o' cake in a soft orange.
Here are some final pictures:
Size: L: 22 cm, H: 14 cm, W at base: 7 cm. 
What do you think?
I hope my sister will be pleased with it.

These toilet bags are not yet available in my shop but can already be ordered and will be custome made for you. Just send me a mail at zest4colour@gmail.com with your choice of colour, size and preferred monogram.
Kristien

PS. Still working on the baby quilt.

2 comments:

  1. The fabric is really beautiful! The embroidered monogram too!

    Grat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Did you finish the Cosmo Bag?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...